eVidyaloka Trust, a registered non-profit organization, based in Bangalore, endeavors to create a knowledgeable and empowered rural India, through quality education for children in rural villages. eVidyaloka uses technology as an enabler, to connect remote, volunteer teachers to children studying in government schools.
On March 15, 2020, all schools across India were closed due to the COVID19 pandemic and the consequent lockdown. Students from urban schools were able to shift to online classes, but rural children were unable to do so. Keeping this in mind, eVidyaloka is working towards adapting model to ensure that Rural India continues to Learn. eVidyaloka is trying to bring solutions by enabling Teaching through Television so that students can continue to Learn from Home during this time.
Volunteers can help by creating short 25 - 30 min video lessons on the subjects of Mathematics and Science. These video lessons recorded in regional languages which will be aired on local television channels helping Rural kids learn from home through eVidyaloka’s Teaching through Television initiative.
1) Volunteers are expected to read, type, and communicate in any 1 of the following regional languages; Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, and Tamil
2) Volunteers are expected to do a short infographic PPT slides for the assigned topic.
3) Volunteers are expected to record 25-30 min video capsules using a laptop/computer for Mathematics and/or Science subject in Regional Language.
4) Should have an inclination towards Mathematics and/or Science subject
5) Volunteers are expected to commit a minimum delivery of 1 chapter (3-4 topics aprx.)
Detailed Orientation about the activity, Training over usage of tools during recording, Guidelines, textbook links and samples would be shared by eVidyaloka.
Discovery - Call with the NGO POC to understand the requirement.
Design - As per the language selected by the Volunteer. Volunteer will
1)Identify goals for the curriculum
2)Identify participants (Grade for which he/she wants to create the Video contents
3)Course outlines class –Lesson Plan
4)Use course outlines to start identifying course-level learning outcomes
5)Circulate mapping a framework to all participants
6)Volunteer will submit the contents and script to be used in the Video
Develop – After the approval of Contents, the volunteer will Start developing the Videos. with good quality of audio/Video.
Deliver – Volunteer will submit the Videos to the NGO as per the work assigned
Debrief – After delivering the Videos, if some editing is required that can be done in this stage